Andreas began working in theatre & events both in the UK and Internationally in 2005. His first professional role was in the electrics department of ‘The Phantom of the Opera’, West-End. During this time, Andreas realised he wanted to progress his career further in Production Management and made the decision to leave to enhance his skills and knowledge at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
Andreas started freelancing as an Assistant Production Manager in 2012 which included working on the West-End transfer of ‘Mamma Mia: The Musical’ from the Prince of Wales to the Novello and the opening of the Spice Girls musical ‘Viva Forever’ at the Piccadilly Theatre and multiple summer seasons at ‘Opera Holland Park’.
After this Andreas began working as a freelance Production Manager on shows including the London transfer from Broadway of Lin-Manuel Miranda’s ‘In The Heights’ at Southwark Playhouse, the ‘Bat Out Of Hell Musical’ press launches, ‘The Full Monty’ UK Tour, a co-production between Curve & Bath Theatre Royal of ‘What The Butler Saw’, a promotional European tour for the ‘Xbox One’, a Dubai and China tour of 'Jersey Boys', an outdoor promenade production of ‘The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe’ at RHS Wisley.
In 2015 Andreas joined the King's Cross Theatre team as Technical Manager, where he supervised productions of ‘The Railway Children’ and a revival of ‘In The Heights’, which performed in rep. During his time there Andreas would run the changeovers, monitor the venue and productions health and safety, recruit show crew, and deputise for the Company Manager.
In March 2018 Andreas joined the Royal Shakespeare Company as Assistant Production Manager, where he assisted on 13 shows, spread across the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Swan Theatre, transfers to the Barbican and UK and International tours. Two particular highlights were when he was asked to co-production manage the RSC’s 2018 revival of ‘A Christmas Carol’ with the Technical Director and a new play called ‘Kunene And The King’ which was a co-production with The Fugard Theatre in Cape Town that Andreas was the sole Production Manager for.
After leaving the RSC, Andreas worked as Production Manager on a number of shows, which included a UK tour for Lung Theatre, a brand-new opera titled ‘Dead Equal’ commissioned by the British Army, ‘Miracle On 34th Street’ for Liverpool Everyman & Playhouse, a North America & Canada tour of an opera triple bill for Isango Ensemble and the West-End transfer of the RSC’s ‘Kunene And The King’.
Whilst working on these shows Andreas also served as Technical Director for Troubadour Theatres where he was responsible for helping to turn an old film and tv studio into a working theatre and making a pop-up venue able to quickly adapt to be used for both theatre and events, Andreas was also responsible for creating all the technical documentation and recruiting and managing all the technical teams across the multiple venues.
During the first UK lockdown Andreas used the time as effectively as possible to complete multiple courses in health and safety and working with Covid-19. Whereupon he used the knowledge gained to work with the CEO’s of Troubadour Theatres and the Producers of ‘Sleepless’ to implement the successful re-opening of Wembley Park Theatre and begin performances of the brand-new musical based on Sleepless in Seattle.
Since Sleepless, Troubadour has successfully turned Wembley Park Theatre back into a TV studio where, recently, Andreas acted as the in-house technician on ‘Little Mix The Search’ and a semi-staged production of ‘The Grinch’.
Andreas has now returned to the wonderful world of freelancing and has set up Ayling Production Management which specialises in theatrical production management & technical supervision both in the UK and Internationally.
Royal Central School of Speech & Drama:
- Technical & Production Management
City of Westminster College:
- City & Guilds Entertainment & Theatre Electrics
- Blood & Theatrical Handguns
Production Safety Ltd:
- Manual Handling Course
Ted Murphy (ABTT):
- Working with Access Equipment: Tallescope
Risk & Safety Management Services Ltd:
- 1/2 Day PUWER Course
- 1/2 Day COSHH Assessment Course
- 1/2 Day Risk Assessment Course
- 1/2 Day Manual Handling Course
- Practical Pyrotechnics: Safety Awareness
RSC / IOSH:
- Engaging with Health & Safety Management Systems at the RSC
RB Health & Safety:
- Theatre Specific Contractor Management
- Theatre Specific Fire Awareness
- Mental Wellbeing at Work
- Theatre Asbestos Awareness
- Theatre Specific DSE Awareness
- Time to Manage Time
- Theatre Specific Noise Awareness
- Construction Design Management
- COVID Compliance Officer
- Coronavirus: Taking Proactive Action for Business
- Mental Health Support Champion
- Coronavirus; Taking Proactive Action for Retail
- Personal Resilience
- Public Health Preparedness for Mass Gathering Events
- COVID-19 Mass Gathering Risk Assessment
- Standard Precautions: Hand Hygiene
Safe Sets International:
- Safe Sets(TM) COVID-19 (Level A) for the Film & Video Production Industry
SOLT & UK Theatre:
- Managing COVID-19 Safely
- Tower Course: User Level (Expired)
IPAF Operator Training:
- Static Vertical (Expired)
Miller & The Rigging Partnership:
- Access & Rescue for Theatre & stage (A.R.T.S.) Level One (Expired)
- Access & Rescue for Theatre & stage (A.R.T.S.) Level Two (Expired)